About Portage Valley
The 165-acre campus with its woods, meadows and ponds, rests happily amid the play lands of northwest Ohio. A brilliant location only minutes away from both I-75 and the Ohio Turnpike (I-80/90) offers easy access to adventure. Small town life is right next door to big city excitement.
Ranch-style homes, apartments, assisted living, nursing care.
Live as independently as you may in modern, safe, comfortable spaces with 24-hour security call systems.
Designed for active lifestyles.
A wooded walking trail, a stocked pond for fishing, gardens and a gazebo beckon you outdoors to enjoy the sweet life.
A vibrant social scene.
Our monthly newsletters are jam-packed with things to do--breakfast clubs and card tournaments. Games, parties, music and more.
Easy to get out and about.
We’re only minutes from Pemberville, Bowling Green and Perrysburg--easily accessible for friends and family.
Choices and amenities galore.
The Main Building and Bowlus Life Enrichment Center host programs, fitness classes, lectures, and café-style dining with meals by Chef Reggie.
Every Portage Valley resident meets with an activities counselor to create a plan for personal development.
The campus shuttle will pick you up for organized activities and return you safely to your doorstep.
Types of Care
A continuum of care that adjusts with your needs.
- Wellness support for independent living. Monthly screenings, blood pressure, weight and pulse checks keep our medical staff apprised of your needs.
- Assisted living. Customized assistance may include meals, housekeeping and/or medication management with a licensed nurse 24 hours a day.
- Skilled nursing. On duty 24 hours a day: registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and state-tested nursing assistants.
- Rehabilitative care. Physical, speech and occupational therapy are available on an outpatient or inpatient basis.
- Life enrichment. Create a personal development plan for your physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and vocational wellbeing.