Our ongoing process for quality improvement includes EAGLE Accreditation from the United Methodist health and human service ministries. All five of our communities, and four out of five of our neighborhoods are EAGLE accredited.
As a UMA member, Otterbein is a thriving, spirit-centered ministry passionately committed to excellence
The United Methodist Association promotes, inspires, empowers and recognizes excellence in healing and caring ministries. The EAGLE Accreditation Commission is designed for faith-based, health and wholeness organizations to enhance the quality of services provided. It utilizes voluntary self-assessment and peer review processes based upon principles and goals to promote excellence in Christian ministry.
EAGLE principles address:
- Christian mission and church relationship
- Governance and strategic planning
- Holistic care for the client
- Community responsiveness
- Quality assurance/Improvement and corporate compliance
- Human resource management
- Physical resources management
- Financial resource management
- Public relations/ Fund raising/ Marketing
- Mergers, networks and alliance