The Small House Difference
- Superior caregiver to patient ratio
- Expert speech, physical & occupational rehab therapy
- Consistent nursing staff with you every day and night
- Private suites and baths adjacent to the family room and kitchen
- Home-cooked meals served family-style; meal options selected by you
- Real Homes with only 10 residents per home
- Schedules set by you
- Families may take part in meals, meal preparation and activities; or host family celebrations.
- Private medication and supply cabinets in each room.
- Easily accessible, fenced, and shaded outdoor area.
The care is personal
Each nurse is a member of an interdisciplinary team, working to coordinate specialized care as prescribed by your physician. Your nurses will:
- Create an individualized and complete plan of care and help you follow it.
- Manage, observe and evaluate your care on a routine basis.
- Help restore your abilities or maintain your current wellness.
- Advocate for your wellness and dignity.
- Encourage you to meet your fullest physical, mental, social and spiritual potential.
Always at hand
- Licensed nurses on duty 24 hours a day
- Nursing assistants on duty 24 hours a day
- Emergency call system 24 hours a day
- Medication administration
- Therapeutic programming
- Short-term rehabilitation and long-term care
- Certified for both Medicare and Medicaid
It takes a special person
Here, nursing is more than scientific and technical skill. It’s a spiritual calling answered with compassion. Skilled nursing is an honored, trusted profession prized highly at Otterbein. Registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and state tested nursing assistants staff our communities, neighborhoods and home health teams.